EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — The Evansville Water and Sewer Utility announced Spring Heavy Trash Pick-Up will begin March 23 and end May 29.
The semi-annual curbside service is available to city residents who pay for trash service with their water bill. Apartment complexes, mobile home communities, business and commercial customers are not eligible.
The Utility says heavy trash must be placed where weekly trash is normally collected before 6:00 a.m. on the day collection is scheduled in an area and cannot be put out earlier than the weekend before the scheduled pick up date.
The Heavy Trash Pick-Up map is available here . The following items will be collected:
- Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter
- Limit of five (5) rolls of carpet
- Stereos, etc.
- NO Televisions, Computer or Accessories
There will be a limit of FIVE (5) total items from the following list:
- Sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs, dressers, bookcases, etc.
- Stoves, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters, etc.
- Refrigerants must be removed and tagged by a certified professional
- Limited construction/building material debris
- Must be in trash containers, etc. of size and weight that can be reasonably lifted by two average adults (No boxes or plastic bags)
- No concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
Items that will NOT be collected include:
- Any trash that Republic Services picks up as part of the regular residential waste collection
- Piles or stacks of construction/building materials
- Privacy fencing of any kind
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Computers or accessories
- Concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
- Yard Waste
Additional information about recycling programs and dates is available here, or you can call 812-436-7800.
(This story was originally published on March 9, 2020)