EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office say he was trying to hide from law enforcement when he got stuck. Officers were attempting to arrest Cody Sargent, 29, for violating his probation.
Authorities went to serve Sargent the warrant on Thursday at a home on E. Riverside Drive. VCSO says Sargent tried to evade capture by climbing up the fireplace chimney, but became stuck about three-quarters of the way up. The Evansville Fire Department had to be called to rescue Sargent.
Sargent was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. He is being held without bond.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Ivy Tech to announce opening of new department
- Tell City ranks as #1 as best small city to live in if you work from home
- Henderson man charged after allegedly pointing gun at another person
- Evansville woman arrested in connection to infant death
- Deaconess, Baptist Health will jointly operate the Madisonville hospital