EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Evansville man Cale Winternheimer was found guilty but mentally ill after reportedly driving his truck into a building in the 1100 block of Diamond Ave. and trying to set the building on fire in 2019.
Winternheimer faced charges including attempt to commit arson, criminal recklessness, and criminal mischief. He will be sentenced September 29.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 3, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Possible arson in Evansville under investigation
- EPD: Anti-law enforcement message painted on office
- “Black Lives Matter” event at Four Freedoms Monument organized by local high school seniors
- Evansville carjacking suspect shot by deputies in Vermillion County
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office releases new details regarding Friday night manhunt