EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- William Rice Jr. pleaded guilty to reckless homicide in connection to the 2017 deaths of Dewone Broomfield and Mary Woodruff.
Rice was facing a potential life sentence in the case but will now face 20 years in prison. Before he died, Broomfield identified Rice and Deshay Hackner as his attackers. Hackner was sentenced to 150 years in prison.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- 151 pounds of meth seized in major Owensboro drug bust
- Henderson authorities investigating late night mobile home fire
- Tell City ranks as #1 as best small city to live in if you work from home
- Henderson man charged after allegedly pointing gun at another person
- Evansville woman arrested in connection to infant death