EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- William Rice Jr. pleaded guilty to reckless homicide in connection to the 2017 deaths of Dewone Broomfield and Mary Woodruff.
Rice was facing a potential life sentence in the case but will now face 20 years in prison. Before he died, Broomfield identified Rice and Deshay Hackner as his attackers. Hackner was sentenced to 150 years in prison.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business