EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) An Evansville police officer witnesses a car crash in the area of Riverside and Judson, and sees one of the drivers run away. That driver’s vehicle was later found abandoned a few blocks away.
This happened Thursday around 4:30 p.m. While searching for the suspect, Geonovan Bailey, 23, dispatch got a call that Bailey had entered a house with three children and a juvenile babysitter. The babysitter said she didn’t know Bailey and told dispatch she was extremely scared.
Police say Bailey hid a gun in the house, changed his clothes, and told the babysitter to act like he was her boyfriend. The babysitter, three kids and Bailey then left the house. Bailey was then arrested without further incident. Nobody was hurt.
Some of Bailey’s charges include: burglary- while armed with a deadly weapon, criminal confinement, possession of a firearms by a serious violent felon, resisting law enforcement, motor vehicle accident- hit and run, and driving while license suspended.
(This story was originally published on June 19, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- ‘I want to kill your son!’ Affidavit details scene before alleged shooter runs away, still on the run
- Coroner releases identity of man who was shot, killed at weekend birthday party
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
- Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people
- Henderson Police search for answers into shooting investigation