VANDERBURGH CO., Ind (WEHT) The National Night Out in Vanderburgh County has been cancelled. Evansville Police say the event, which was scheduled for Aug. 4, has been cancelled due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the county.
National Night Out is a community-building event that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live.
(This story was originally published on July 14, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Firefighters respond to Henderson Downtown Motel
- ISP: Marijuana edibles could be in kid’s Halloween candy
- Evansville Councilman Elpers: Mayor’s Executive Order extension against state law
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial early next year
- Boaters advised to use caution on Kentucky Lake during study