VANDERBURGH CO., Ind (WEHT) The National Night Out in Vanderburgh County has been cancelled. Evansville Police say the event, which was scheduled for Aug. 4, has been cancelled due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the county.
National Night Out is a community-building event that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live.
(This story was originally published on July 14, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- WATCH LIVE: Hopkins County officials give weekly coronavirus update
- Walmart announces Evansville as one of the locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Owensboro Hydrofair postponed until 2021
- Evansville Catholic Schools welcome students back to class
- Two facing charges after police chase in Henderson