EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Officers say they were called to the area of N. Main St. near Turoni’s around 3 p.m. Monday about a report of a dead body.
The Vanderburgh County Coroner has identified the victim as Burk Jones, 56, of Evansville. The coroner says Jones suffered multiple blunt force trauma.
EPD is investigating Jones’ death as a homicide. If you have any information you’re asked to contact their Adult Investigation Unit at 812-436-7979.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 18, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Keep Evansville Beautiful, CenterPoint Energy giving away free trees
- Coroner releases identity of man who was shot, killed at weekend birthday party
- Evansville Wartime Museum announces 2021 events
- Henderson Police search for answers into shooting investigation
- Firefighters battle early morning house fire in Owensboro