EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — An Evansville Police officer is being acknowledged for going above-and-beyond the call of duty, and is receiving some major recognition.
Officer Philip Smith will be receiving the Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing.
The award is only given to 23 police officers nationwide.
A ceremony is scheduled for 9 a.m. Thursday morning at Glenwood Leadership Academy.
(This story was originally published on November 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Nurse shot, killed along interstate in Nashville
- Coronavirus vaccine concerns: Can businesses require employees to get the shots?
- Eagles take down Illinois Springfield, jump to 3-0
- Owensboro Catholic preparing for 2A quarterfinal against Murray