EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Organizers of the annual Santa Run announced Wednesday there will be no event this year.
“Fear of the continuous surge in the COVID-19 outbreak with its financial impact on our major sponsors, small businesses, and participants and the inability to ensure the health and safety for everyone, contributed to this decision,” the Evansville Rotary wrote on Facebook.
The Rotary says they committed to give $40,000 this year and will contribute that money to the Millie’s Downtown Dino Trail.
The next Santa Run is scheduled for December 4, 2021.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Owensboro Police believe shooting death was ‘accidental in nature’
- Boo Cruise heads to the East Side
- Man shot while walking in Evansville
- Firefighters respond to Henderson Downtown Motel
- ISP: Marijuana edibles could be in kid’s Halloween candy