EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Organizers of the annual Santa Run announced Wednesday there will be no event this year.
“Fear of the continuous surge in the COVID-19 outbreak with its financial impact on our major sponsors, small businesses, and participants and the inability to ensure the health and safety for everyone, contributed to this decision,” the Evansville Rotary wrote on Facebook.
The Rotary says they committed to give $40,000 this year and will contribute that money to the Millie’s Downtown Dino Trail.
The next Santa Run is scheduled for December 4, 2021.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Walmart announces Evansville as one of the locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Owensboro Hydrofair postponed until 2021
- Evansville Catholic Schools welcome students back to class
- Two facing charges after police chase in Henderson
- Sharon Elementary hosts informational meeting for parents