EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library location on Oaklyn Dr. will be closed temporarily starting Saturday.
Officials say an EVPL team member experienced “prolonged exposure” to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. That team member is now awaiting their own COVID-19 test result. EVPL Oaklyn will be closed for a deep cleaning and is scheduled to reopen October 5.
Library officials say they will continue to follow best practices set by health officials to make sure facilities are safe for employees and library users.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Indiana State Police partners with DEA for 19th “Drug Take Back Day”
- Police warn against falling for “ransom” phone scams
- Police investigating shots fired into an Evansville apartment with children inside
- McLean County man arrested after motorcycle pursuit
- Governor: Kentucky resumes COVID-19 surge preparations