EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The sister of slain Evansville woman Elizabeth Banister says a serial killer has confessed to the January 2000 murder cold case.
While the name of the serial killer has not been publicly released, more information is expected in the coming weeks.
Stewart says an investigation remains ongoing.
The Evansville Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
This is a developing story and will be updated once information becomes available
(This story was originally published on Aug. 9, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Outgoing Evansville African American Museum Executive Director honored with parade
- Sen. Mike Braun honors Vincennes University Jasper
- Owensboro student not letting hospital visit interrupt lessons
- Leadership Everyone group spreading mission in Tri-State
- USI student confirms COVID-19 cases in fraternity