EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The sister of slain Evansville woman Elizabeth Banister says a serial killer has confessed to the January 2000 murder cold case.
While the name of the serial killer has not been publicly released, more information is expected in the coming weeks.
Stewart says an investigation remains ongoing.
The Evansville Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
This is a developing story and will be updated once information becomes available
(This story was originally published on Aug. 9, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Tri-State looking back, moving forward as US marks COVID anniversary
- Owensboro police react to increase in criminal cases involving juveniles
- FEMA closing Muhlenberg Co. disaster recovery center, five others this week
- Changes continue as pandemic reaches two year anniversary
- Henderson educator announces run for State Representative