HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) — Kentucky State Police have released the name of a man killed in a crash near Cairo School Wednesday afternoon.
Troopers said 60-year-old David Edwards of Clay died in the collision.
An investigation revealed that Edwards was driving an SUV on Highway 41-A when for unknown reasons he crossed the road colliding head on with a dump truck.
Edwards was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Henderson County Coroner.
US 41-A was closed between Cairo School and the Trade Winds Subdivision for over three hours as KSP reconstructed the collision.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Sen. McConnell, McGrath visit western Kentucky supporters
- One lane of southbound I-69 reopened in Gibson County after crash
- Kentucky Supreme Court issues new guidelines for red zone counties
- SIGECO files for natural gas rate increase
- Two under arrest for neglect and abuse in Dubois County