EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Large crowds visited Hartke Pool Monday to get dairy and produce boxes for their families.
Feed Evansville hosted the event, which one of several being held this week for residents to get food.
Feed Evansville was created to help fight food insecurity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
They are offering grocery pick-up and delivery services every week. The organization says
they just want to offer help to the community in need.
“I don’t feel like its a nice thing we’re doing, I don’t feel like it’s something we’re doing to help people. I feel like it’s our duty and I feel like we’re walking next to people and were just being in community with people. We’re not really helping people, we’re being a resource for needs,” Lisa Vaughn, Feed Evansville co-chair, said.
Feed Evansville events this week:
(This story was originally published on July 20, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Evansville K9 on scene of investigation
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Indiana’s COVID-19 hospitalizations highest since April
- Police looking for driver who flipped car
- Henderson man arrested after dropping drugs in front of police