Fire Officials Say Ohio Co. Fire Possibly Caused by Candles

Local News

A house fire in Ohio County is believed to be accidental.
It happened around 7 a.m. Friday on SR 1245 near Rockport.

Fire Chief Charles Givens says it may have started in one of the bedrooms when lit candles caught something inside on fire.

Flames were coming out of the windows when crews arrived.
Two people inside were able to get out safely.

“The two bedrooms on the east end are pretty well gutted,” said Chief Givens, “A lot of charring damage on the inside. Heavy smoke damage to the rest of the structure.”

Four fire departments spent nearly two hours putting out the blaze.

(This story was originally published on November 6, 2015)

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories