Officials: Space heater may be responsible for East Michigan Street fire

Local

EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) – Officials say a space heater may be responsible for a a house fire in the 300 block of East Michigan Street on Tuesday morning.

Crews responded to a call just after 5:30. According to fire officials, the fire started in the back of the home. Crews tackled the fire from outside the home, but had to take out the back wall of the home in order to extinguish the flames.

An investigation is taking place, but officials say it looks to be electrical. Two people were awake and home at the time along with several pets, but no injuries were reported. The Red Cross has been called to help.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories