EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Former University of Evansville men’s basketball coach Walter McCarty has filed for bankruptcy.
Court documents show McCarty filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on December 1 in Boston. This comes after McCarty’s legal troubles with two Evansville banks.
He reached a settlement with First Federal Savings in November, which claimed McCarty defaulted on a $45,000 loan.
(This story was originally published on December 29, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Proposal to pay homeless to get COVID-19 vaccine draws concerns
- Mt. Vernon High School cancels prom
- Former baseball players and current Tri-State residents speak out on Hank Aaron’s impact
- Local pro-life activists protest on 48th anniversary of Roe V. Wade decision
- Evansville Police continue investigating shooting of teenager