EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- The Four Freedoms Veterans Parade Board of Directors announced they have made the “very hard and disappointing” decision not to hold this year’s parade amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The board says the age and health of the veterans contributed to the decision to cancel this year’s event. The 2021 Four Freedoms Veterans Parade is scheduled for November 13, the second Saturday in November.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 18, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Investigation could imperil new local casino
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: EPD Officer Phil Smith
- Local hospitals say COVID-19 vaccine could come within weeks
- Vanderburgh County Health Department to get help with inspections
- Vanderburgh County Commission continues process to bring broadband internet to rural homes