EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The Reopen Evansville Task Force announced the addition of a new COVID-19 testing site to be located in downtown Evansville.
Through collaboration between Mayor Lloyd Winnecke, the Vanderburgh County Health Department and the Indiana State Department of Health, a new testing site administered by OptumServe will be located at C.K. Newsome Center for those that live and work in the Evansville region.
The new testing site will begin operations Monday, July 6 at the C.K. Newsome Community Center. The site will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Registration for testing is required.
The testing is free to all and no medical insurance is necessary. However, residents with existing insurance are asked to provide that information during the scheduling process.
(This story was originally published on June 30, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Salvation Army announced Christmas assistance program
- Two Illinois counties under COVID-19 warning level
- Hopkins County details Student Success Transition plan
- Evansville officers follow blood droplets to find shooting victim
- Health provider back steps on letter misinforming patients