PRINCETON, Ind. (WEHT) — A day after a home explosion rocked a Princeton neighborhood, we now have a better understanding of what might have happened.
The Princeton Fire Department tells us this explosion is natural gas related. Shortly after the explosion, CenterPoint conducted tests outside of the home and said pressure readins on their natural gas main lines were normal outside of the home. CenterPoint said they did not conduct tests inside of the home.
Sources say four people were inside the home during the explosion, with two hospitalized for their injuries.
One resident of the home, which is split into multiple apartments, tells us he woke up to the scent of gas on Tuesday morning. The resident left the home after telling maintenance about the smell.
CenterPoint says they are working closely with Princeton Fire Territory, the electric utility Duke Energy, State Fire Marshal and other agencies as the investigation still continues.