VINCENNES, Ind. (WEHT) — Good Samaritan Hospital now has updated visitor restrictions. The new guidelines are for both inpatient and outpatient areas in the hospital, and physician practices.
· Inpatient visitation hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Visitors may change throughout the day, but only one visitor per patient at a time in the facility is allowed.
· All visitors must wear the name tag / arm band issued to them at the screening station.
· All visitors must wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing, even in patient rooms.
· Visitors must follow any isolation precautions in place.
· Visitors must be 16 years or older.
· Visitors must practice good hand hygiene by washing their hands and / or using hand sanitizer prior to entering the room and upon leaving.
· Visitors must limit traffic in the hospital and stay in patient room / area or exit the building.
· Visitors accompanying patients in Outpatient Infusion and Medical / Physician Practices must remain with the patient or waiting room and wear a mask.
· Inpatient Behavioral Health patients can have one designated visitor per stay Monday through Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m.
Patients and visitors will still need to be screened before entering the hospital, provider offices and clinics.
(This story was originally published on June 30, 2020)