FRANKFORT, Ky (WEHT) Monday afternoon Governor Andy Beshear held his first virtual COVID-19 update from the governor’s mansion.
He announced he’s feeling great and his family is doing well and in good spirits. Beshear said he’s been keeping a busy schedule despite being confined to the governor’s mansion.
During his update, the governor gave a peek inside quarantine life.
The governor and his family were potentially exposed through a member of security detail who drove with them Saturday and learned of a positive test later that day. The first family was not in contact with anyone else following exposure.
Gov. Beshear said he last tested negative Thursday, and he plans to be tested again Tuesday and Friday. He wants to remind us all to follow the 10 Steps to Fight COVID-19.
- Wear a mask
- Social distance
- Wash your hands and disinfect surfaces
- Limit crowds and gatherings
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Get tested
- Answer the call
- Healthy at work and school
- Prioritize mental health
- Limit travel
(This story was originally published on October 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Ribbon cut on newly renovated home in Evansville neighborhood
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Andy Beshear gives daily COVID-19 update
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds a press conference
- Water Utility, Public Works Dept. remind property owners not to put leaves in street
- Drive-thru Trunk or Treat for kids and car enthusiasts