Grass around generator starts house fire

Local News
Saunders Fire_1532054533035.PNG.jpg

Firefighters responded to a house fire on Thursday night on the west side of Evansville. It happened around 8 p.m. in the 3900 block of Saunders Ave. which is just east of Daniel Wertz Elementary School. 

Firefighters say the house is powered by a generator, and tall grass around the generator caught fire and spread to the house.

One woman was inside at the time, but she managed to get out and called 911 at a neighbor’s house. 

The back of the home was damaged, but no one was hurt.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published July 19, 2018)

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.