GREENVILLE, Ky. (WEHT) – Both inmates and employees have tested positive for coronavirus at a state prison in Muhlenberg County.
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear says nine inmates and five staffers have tested positive at Green River Correctional Complex.
Among the steps being taken there, the Governor says the prison staff will:
- Extensively monitor inmate and staff health, and will move inmates to isolation unit when symptoms are reported
- Stagger recreational time and limit the number of inmates released to increase social distancing
- Permit and encourage all inmates to wear masks to reduce the spread of the virus
- Temporarily close the gymnasium and cease all in-person activities such as sports, classes and chapel
- Continue cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Continually work with complex and medical staffers on infection control solutions for the entire facility
(This story was originally published on April 8, 2020)