EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- While the Fall Festival has been canceled, SWIRCA is serving peach, blackberry, and walking cobbler from their parking lot this week.
SWIRCA is an organization serving elderly citizens and people with disabilities. They are just one of many organizations selling food across Evansville this week. While sales are down without the Fall Festival, officials say they are grateful for the community support.
Rather than just get some fried food at the festival all on one street, you actually get to visit the organization and see where they operate and maybe see where the funds go. And I think it’s really cool that the whole community has come togetherRachel Rauch, SWIRCA
(This story was originally published October 7, 2020)
- Health officials report positive COVID-19 cases at Tell City nursing home
- Dispatch: Vehicle hits Evansville home
- State: COVID-19 outbreak reported at McLean Co. nursing home
- COVID-19 death reported in Henderson Co.
- Southern Illinois restaurants adjust to new round of restrictions