HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) – Self serve spring clean up dates have been set for Henderson County residents for each of the next three weekends.
The clean-ups will take the form of roll-off dumpsters placed at volunteer fire departments around the county that residents of those areas can use at no charge to get rid of bulky items. The dumpsters will be available all day Saturday and all day Sunday on the following dates and locations:
This weekend (May 2-3): Corydon, Smith Mills and Cairo VFDs.
May 9-10: Baskett, Reed, Spottsville and Hebbardsville VFDs
May 16-17: Zion, Niagara and Robards VFDs
Some Do’s and Don’ts.
- Arrange to load your items into the dumpsters yourself. Due to COVID19 concerns, the dumpsters will not be manned.
- Bring bulky items that can’t be thrown out in your regular trash, such as furniture, appliances, scrap metal and tires.
- Leave items at the sites before the dumpsters are there or after they are gone.
- Bring more than four tires per household.
- Bring household garbage, chemicals, limbs, yard waste or hazardous waste.
- Be a contractor dumping project waste.
- Litter the ground around the dumpsters.
Portable cameras will be posted at the sites to monitor for violations. Those dumping illegally will be prosecuted. Please help the county continue to offer this valuable service by not abusing it, or allowing others to abuse it.
For more information, contact Henderson County Solid Waste Coordinator Nancy Watkins at 270-827-1979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This story was originally published on April 27, 2020)