HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT)- The Women’s Honor Court hosted a ceremony in Henderson Saturday as part of a yearlong celebration of the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.
The event featured guest speakers, including the reading of a letter sent by former Kentucky First Lady, Jane Beshear. Joan Hoffman, Henderson’s first female mayor, also spoke at the event and said it’s up to all Americans to have their voices heard.
It behooves us all to get out and support the candidate of our choice, do it peacefully, tactfully, but strongly.Joan Hoffman
The event also featured a joint proclamation from Henderson County Judge Executive Brad Schneider and Henderson Mayor Steve Austin celebrating the anniversary.
(This story was originally published on October 18, 2020)
- Senate confirms Judge Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Gov. Andy Beshear issuing red zone recommendations
- Train crashes into car that was abandoned on tracks
- Coat-A-Kid collections beginning Tuesday
- Pike County pastor dies from COVID-19