HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) – Beginning on Monday, September 16, the City of Henderson will begin milling and paving various city streets across town.
Work is expected to last 2-3 weeks depending on the weather. Drivers are encouraged to use other routes of travel where possible.
Roads will remain open for local traffic. Below is a list of the streets that will be milled and paved this fall:
- Clark Street from 1st Street to Center Street
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue from South Adams Street to South Alvasia Street
- Ilex Drive from Country Drive to Sutton Drive
- Janalee Drive from South Main Street to the End
- Lieber Street from Bailey Street to Pringle Street
- Meadow Street from Center Street to Washington Street
- Meadow Street from Powell Street to Clay Street
- South Alves Street from Clay Street to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue
- South Elm Street from Washington Street to Clay Street & from Jefferson Street to Audubon Street (1 pass only)
- South Ingram Street from Powell Street to Washington Street
- Vine Street from U.S. 60 to approximately 120’ South of Intersection
- Washington Street from Railroad Tracks at Atkinson Street to Meadow Street
Streets will remain open but Ward urges motorists to proceed with caution when traveling through the areas where work is ongoing.
This story was originally published on September 19, 2019