HENDERSON, Ky (WEHT) – The city of Henderson will begin milling streets and alleys the week of May 8 in preparation for patching, paving and repair projects.
Officials say work will be done over the next two to three weeks, but the schedule is subject to change as it is influenced by weather conditions and other factors. Temporary closures and delays may occur during construction, so officials advise avoiding these streets when possible.
Here are a list of streets on the work list:
- 4th Street from North Alvasia Street to 3rd Street
- McKinley Street from Washington Street to 2nd Street ramp
- Hackberry Street from South Main Street to Bruce Street
- Heilman Avenue from 5th Street to end of pavement
- Paragon Drive at Old Coyrdon Road
- Brenda Drive from Illex Drive to Wilson Drive
- Sutton Drive from Illex Drive to Wilson Drive
- Atkinson Park from entry off North Elm Street to the skate park
If road closures are required, detours will be set up. There will be flaggers or signs to direct traffic during construction.