EARLINGTON, Ky. (WEHT)- The Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office says Dennis Stone, the suspect in a shooting at an Earlington gas station Friday, turned himself in to the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department early Saturday morning.
The shooting claimed the life of Nichole Merrell, 30, and injured a child. Stone faces charges of murder, assault, and wanton endangerment. The Hopkins County Sheriff’s office will begin the process of extraditing Stone from Tennessee.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 15, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Fence now up around old Holy Trinity Church
- Unity rally held in Madisonville
- First COVID-19 death reported at Morganfield nursing home
- Mushrooms linked to salmonella outbreaks in 10 states
- Human Rights Defense Center files lawsuit against Henderson County and jail officials