HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT)- The Henderson Police Department will be implementing protective measures for police services within the City of Henderson to prevent the potential spread of the Coronavirus.
The Henderson Police Department said they will not be responding to all calls for service by sending an officer to the scene. For non-emergency calls, an officer will contact the citizen to determine if an officer needs to respond to the scene.
The following precautionary measures will be in effect immediately:
1) No one would be allowed to enter the front lobby. Anyone coming to HPD to make a report, obtain a vehicle release or speak to an officer will need to use the red phone to call the front desk.
2) For criminal reports, whoever is needing a copy of the report will need to purchase the report online at buycrimes.com. This pertains to verifications for insurance purposes, or bank requests. The price is $10 for the first page of criminal report. Officers will provide you with complete case numbers i.e. 20-012345 and the date so a report can be accessed.
3) Individuals requesting accident reports will need to purchase the report online at buycrash.com. They will need the complete case number i.e. 20-012345 and the date of the accident to obtain the report on the website. If you ask the officer for the other driver’s name, insurance company and policy number or exchange information with the other driver if the situation is amicable it will help you complete this request.
4) Open Records Request will need to be done utilizing the City of Henderson website, in the search block, enter Open Records, complete the form and fax to 270-831-1276 or email the request to HPD Records Technician, Beth Bates @ Kebates@cityofhendersonky.org
5) The HPD Citizen’s Academy scheduled for this spring has been suspended until further notice.
6) Fingerprinting services and all ride-a-longs request have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
(This story was originally published on March 2, 2020.)