HUNTINGBURG, Ind. (WEHT) – Huntingburg, Indiana has a new mayor. Steve Schwinghamer was elected by a caucus of Republican committeemen and will complete the last three years of Denny Spinner’s term. Spinner is stepping down to become Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs Director.
“I am excited about the opportunity,” Schwinghamer said. “I like challenges and I think with the help of the city council and the rest of the staff who already have things in place it should work well. “
Schwinghamer is a retired funeral director and currently leads the Fairmount Cemetery Board.
(This story was originally published on November 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- US secures indictment against Oath Keeper members over plot to storm US Capitol
- ‘Immunity bubbles’? What you shouldn’t do after getting the COVID vaccine
- Michael Strahan tests positive for COVID-19, sources say
- Woman sells crochet Bernie doll for over $20,000, donates to charity
- A deer friend: 4-year-old boy brings home an unlikely companion