DAVIESS COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- Daviess County, Indiana is making a pitch to bring a proposed highway through its neck of the woods.
The County Economic Development Commission has a new coalition and campaign called Daviess Driven for the project, which would build an improved highway connection from Rockport through the Huntingburg and Jasper areas to I-69. County leaders say their location near I-69 is a big selling point for the project.
Not all counties are excited about the Mid-States Corridor; a group of Dubois County residents worry that the corridor could negatively impact their homes or farms. And a coalition of business and environmental groups want to halt planning work while the public is focused on the coronavirus outbreak.
(This story was originally published on July 7, 2020)
- Owensboro apartment fire displaces residents
- Owensboro Health vaccinates nearly 7,000 people, appointments on hold
- Henderson church honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Local universities honor Martin Luther King Jr., reflect on recent events
- Patients must get both COVID-19 vaccine doses from same facility