EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The Indiana Department of Transportation announces a road work moratorium for the Labor Day weekend beginning Friday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
Labor Day holiday weekend is typically one of the busiest times for travel on Indiana’s highways, wherever possible, road restrictions will be removed to ease traffic flow for holiday drivers.
Some closures and restrictions will remain in place on larger projects that cannot safely reopen to traffic including State Road 62 and the Lloyd Expressway in Evansville where traffic will be restricted to two lanes in each direction.
Driver inattention is a leading cause of all highway crashes.
INDOT reminds driver to:
- Pay attention
- Don’t text or talk on the phone
- Avoid taking your hands off the wheel
- Slow down
- Be aware of speed limits and abide by them
- Leave early and plan ahead
- Expect delays and allow extra travel time
- Drive sober or get pulled over