MT. VERNON, Ind. (WEHT)- Indiana State Police are investigating the death of a 13-week-old boy in Mt. Vernon.
Just after 12 p.m. on Thursday, Indiana State Police say a mother called Posey County 911 Dispatch and reported her child was not breathing.
The mother performed CPR until Posey County EMS arrived and continued life-saving measures. The child was taken to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy was conducted Thursday night at the Vanderburgh County Morgue. Indiana State Police Sgt. Todd Ringle says the results could take weeks to come back.
Sgt. Ringle say foul play is not suspected. This is an ongoing investigation.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 10, 2020)
- Owensboro man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly stabbing officer in face
- Don’t fall for harvest season driving hazards
- Owensboro woman charged with attempted murder
- Chemo Buddies reverse parade reminds survivors that hope is not canceled
- Early morning break in at Newburgh McDonald’s