OWENSBORO, Ky (WEHT) An owl found in poor condition nearly a month ago in Daviess County is preparing to fly home.
The staff at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital found the owl along a walking trail a few weeks ago. The Western Kentucky Raptor Rehabilitation Center came to pick up the owl so it can be nursed back to health.
The owl is now strong enough to fly. Officials with Owensboro Health say the owl is being released this Friday at 5 p.m. in the same area it was found.
It’s family has recently been spotted in that same area.
(This story was originally published on June 10, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EFD breaks down door blocked by burning object
- Evansville house fire suspected to be arson
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft
- Southern Illinois sheriffs not enforcing new COVID restrictions