(WEHT) – Applications are now being accepted for Indiana State Police’s 80th Recruit Academy.
Those interested in pursuing a career as an Indiana State Trooper must apply online.
Applications are due electronically by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, November 3.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is October 1, 2020)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
(This story was originally published on October 28, 2019)