EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)– It Takes A Village No-Kill Rescue says intake at their Evansville location will stop until further notice, that’s according to a post on the organization’s page.
The post says they only have a few staff members trying to keep up with hundreds of applications and vetting animals which has overwhelmed them.
The organization says they will spend the next week evaluating procedures as well as trying to catch up with their current backlog.
(This story was originally published on July 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- First exhibits open at Jasper Cultural Center
- Several Evansville apartment residents still waiting for utility assistance
- Vanderburgh County Health Department increases COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- NCAA launches ‘mask madness’ initiative
- ISP recommends keeping your distance driving in winter weather