DUBOIS CO, Ind (WEHT) Jasper police were called to the scene of a crash involving a juvenile pedestrian just before 4 p.m. Monday.
According to reports, Leona Werner, 85, was driving south on Portersville Rd near Jasper Middle School when her vehicle left the road for unknown reasons. Police say she drove onto the sidewalk and hit a juvenile pedestrian.
Werner and the juvenile were both treated at the scene. Werner received a citation for failing to obey signs and markings.
(This story was originally published on December 14, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Proposal to pay homeless to get COVID-19 vaccine draws concerns
- Mt. Vernon High School cancels prom
- Former baseball players and current Tri-State residents speak out on Hank Aaron’s impact
- Local pro-life activists protest on 48th anniversary of Roe V. Wade decision
- Evansville Police continue investigating shooting of teenager