EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Nine people are without a home Friday after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
EFD responded to a home in the 700 block of East Lousiana Street around 8:19 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see smoke coming from the house. The fire was considered extinguished by 9a.m., but the home next door did receive minor heat damage to its siding.
The fire started in the kitchen and burned through to the attic. The cause of the fire is said to be cooking related.
Four adults in the house were were able to get out on their own. One person had a minor burn on their upper arm.
The Red Cross was called to assist in relocating the four adults and five children, ages ranging from 2 to 11.
(This story was originally published on December 4, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left
- Owensboro teachers, staff to receive COVID-19 vaccine next week