EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) One Evansville deli shop served its last customer Saturday for the foreseeable future.
Lake’s Metro Deli on Green River Road announced in early November that because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, they would shut down and take some time to rebrand and start a new concept that could include seafood and fresh fish.
Owner Lake Russell says they also plan to do a food truck, featuring some favorite Lake’s Metro Deli menu items. He says with the amount of unknowns with the pandemic, nothing is for sure yet.
(This story was originally published on November 22, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: EPD Officer Phil Smith
- Local hospitals say COVID-19 vaccine could come within weeks
- Vanderburgh County Health Department to get help with inspections
- Vanderburgh County Commission continues process to bring broadband internet to rural homes
- Habitat for Humanity to celebrate completion of second biggest home