EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Friday is the last day to drop off your food donations to support the Tri-State Food Bank in the former Chili’s parking lot located in front of Eastland Mall.
The event lasts until 3 p.m.
The food bank asks community members to load their donations into cardboard boxes or plastic bags into the trunk of their car to be picked up by volunteers.
The items Tri-State Food Bank currently needs most include canned vegetables such as green beans, corn, peas or carrots, dry pasta, pasta sauce, canned soup, peanut butter and canned meat such as tuna, beef, chicken or salmon.
“Tri-State Food Bank is delighted to partner with our long-time friends at Eastland Mall for these unique food drives to help those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic,” says Tri-State Food Bank Executive Director, Glenn Roberts. “The impact of any food drive is huge, because just one can of soup can prevent the heartbreak of a child going to bed hungry.”
(This story was originally published on September 25, 2020)
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: City Commissioners Pam Smith-Wright and Larry Conder
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: Mayor Tom Watson and Dracin Williams
- Long time Henderson buffet closing temporarily
- Man accused of killing Fairfield teenager pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- Monarch Beverage Company selling assets, laying off 56 employees