GIBSON CO, Ind (WEHT) Several people who live in Gibson County have filed a lawsuit against the Gibson County Commission and the Gibson County Area Plan Commission.
Both bodies recently voted in favor of a comprehensive zoning law for the county, but opponents want a judge to throw it out.
They claim the plan commission was not properly established, public notice of meetings on the issue were not properly published, and on at least one occasion the public was not allowed to comment on the issue at a public hearing.
Attorneys representing those residents say they have never seen anything like it.
(This story was originally published on September 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Evansville Otters accepting 2021 gameday staff applications
- KC’s Timeout Lounge closed for 7 days per the health department
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Wanted felon crashes vehicle, runs away, leaves puppy behind
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville