MT. VERNON, Ind. (WEHT) – Western Hills Country Club in Mt. Vernon, Indiana has teamed up with Bunkers in Baghdad to provide military with new and gently used golf equipment, clothing, tees, and balls.
BiB began in 2008 and is a nonprofit charity that collects and sends new and used golf balls, blubs, and equipment to US troops around the world.
BiB also supplies golf equipment to Wounded Warrior programs around the country to aid in the rehabilitation of injured veterans
For more information on Bunkers in Baghdad, click here.
WHCC will be collecting the below items in their Pro Shop and Club House until Saturday, October 12th.
· Apparel (New only-tags must still be attached): Gloves, hats, shirts, shorts, and shoes
· Equipment: Gently used (less than 5 years old) clubs and bags
· Balls/Tees: Gently used or new. See collection tub in Pro Shop and Club House to donate your balls/tees after playing.
· Monetary: Cash donations and checks accepted (checks can be made to WHCC GIVES BACK). BiB is a 5013c Organization, receipts available upon request.
· Club Certificates: Can be turned back into Pro Shop to be used to purchase clothing items to be donated (with WHCC logo).
(This story was originally published on October 11, 2019)