EVANSVILLE (WEHT) – Local hospitals are waiting for the FDA to give the green light on a COVID-19 vaccine. And officials say it could be coming in a matter of weeks.
St. Vincent released a statement Tuesday, which read in part, “The FDA announced last Friday that they will be reviewing the Pfizer application for emergency use authorization on Dec. 10th.
“Ascension St. Vincent will begin its vaccination program as soon as the EUA is granted by the FDA and we have a vaccine available.
“Consistent with national guidance, frontline health care workers will be prioritized with our vaccination program.”
Deaconess said is also watching the situation and plans to request the vaccine as soon as it is available.
(This story was originally published on November 24, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left
- Owensboro teachers, staff to receive COVID-19 vaccine next week