EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The Evansville Wartime Museum (EWM) is throwing a party on May 28. The museum will be celebrating its fifth anniversary.
Here is a list of events planned for the celebration:
- 20-Minute Passenger Flights for Donations: Seven local pilots and planes who will be offering 20-minute rides over Evansville for minimum museum donations of $150 for an RC-3 Seabee and a Staggerwing and minimum $100 donations for the other planes. All planes can hold two adults and one child. The reservation and payment line is (812) 424-7461 and opens on May 16. The rides will take place on May 29 if the weather is bad on May 28.
- WWII and Vietnam Living History Camp: There will be a camp set up on the north side of the museum. The camp will include WWII crafts for children in addition to the WWI and Vietnam soldiers.
- General John “Black Jack” Pershing’s WWI Limo will be on site.
- Live Music and Food: The EWM grill will be open selling hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chips and drinks.
- New Platform for Hoosier Spirit II: EWM has a metal platform that allows visitors to see into the cockpit and wing for Hoosier Spirit II.