EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) After barricading himself inside a home for a few hours, officers were able to negotiate an Evansville man’s surrender.
Evansville Police say on Monday around 3 p.m., a man arrived at the hospital with a gunshot injury to the leg. The man said he had been shot by Joshua Dale Williams, 43, during an argument.
Detectives were able to determine Williams was at his home on East Missouri between N Governor Street and N Heidelbach. EPD says Williams remained barricaded in his house for a few hours before negotiators were able to effectively negotiate his surrender.
Williams was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Monday. He is charged with battery committed with a deadly weapon and intimidation, both felonies.
(This story was originally published on June 16, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- Perry County Sheriff’s Office searching for mailbox vandals
- Chase ends with two stolen vehicles crashed in Evansville; police still searching for one driver
- Man pleads guilty to murder of Kentucky mother
- Evansville shooting and carjacking investigation continues
- Man reaches through open window, grabs sleeping 14-year-old in North Carolina