JASPER, Ind. (WEHT)- The Jasper Police Department says Baron McCann, 25, was arrested after they received a report of a suspicious man walking west on 15th Street from Vine Street swinging nunchucks.
McCann was reportedly found on the 1400 block of Newton St. and police found McCann had an active warrant for failure to appear in court. Police also reportedly found a small baggie with a substance that reportedly tested positive for methamphetamine. McCann was transported to the Dubois County Security Center, where his warrant was served and was charged with possession of methamphetamine.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 29, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Senate confirms Judge Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Gov. Andy Beshear issuing red zone recommendations
- Train crashes into car that was abandoned on tracks
- Coat-A-Kid collections beginning Tuesday
- Pike County pastor dies from COVID-19