EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- A woman told police she feared for her life and her grandchild’s life after Anthony Cox reportedly tried to force entry into her car and demanding money from her Wednesday morning.
The victim told police she spotted Cox in a parking lot screaming and jumping on cars in parking lot on the 1200 block of W. Columbia St. in Evansville.
Cox reportedly then approached her car and tried pulling on a door handle to enter the car and then tried to break a window open but was unable to get in. A bystander reportedly chased Cox from the scene.
Cox reportedly had been banned from two businesses on the block. When officers arrived, Cox reportedly resisted arrest and threatened several officers before being sedated.
Cox is facing preliminary charges of robbery, intimidation, resisting law enforcement, trespassing, and disorderly conduct.
(This story was originally published on May 14, 2020)
- Indiana Little League baseball team holds first day of practice
- Food drive held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Airports in India prepare to restart domestic flights
- Crowds gather at reopened Oregon winery
- Catholic masses resume in Evansville