Editor’s note: A previous version of this story said the baby was a girl. The infant was a boy.
EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville Police have arrested a man for neglect in the death of his 3-month-old son.
Officers were called to a medical emergency on Wednesday around 11 p.m. in the 1100 block of Covert Avenue near the Captain D’s. The caller said an infant was not breathing and was cold and limp. Attempts were made to save the child, but were unsuccessful.
The child’s father Rashid Caruthers, 23, has been arrested for neglect of a dependent causing death. The investigation is ongoing.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the
Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.
(This story was originally published on June 11, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- Investigation with Daviess and Ohio County Sheriff’s Offices lead to several arrests
- Man accused of shooting rifle at couple and child, arrested after standoff with EPD
- Man arrested after allegedly throwing snake; trying to spit on Madisonville Police officer
- Fort Branch man arrested for resisting law enforcement
- Expired tags lead to guns and drugs