Editor’s note: A previous version of this story said the baby was a girl. The infant was a boy.
EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville Police have arrested a man for neglect in the death of his 3-month-old son.
Officers were called to a medical emergency on Wednesday around 11 p.m. in the 1100 block of Covert Avenue near the Captain D’s. The caller said an infant was not breathing and was cold and limp. Attempts were made to save the child, but were unsuccessful.
The child’s father Rashid Caruthers, 23, has been arrested for neglect of a dependent causing death. The investigation is ongoing.
(This story was originally published on June 11, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- Drugs and guns taken off the street after traffic stop in Knox County
- Chicago tops list of most corrupt city in US, report says
- Two people arrested after falling asleep in “galaxy car”
- Landlord accused of kidnapping tenants to evict them
- Sheriff’s Office: Illinois man facing charges following Gibson County incident