JASPER, Ind. (WEHT)- The Jasper Police Department announced 70-year-old Michael Eckert was charged with Strangulation, Criminal Confinement, Battery Resulting in Bodily Injury, Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Law Enforcement after a reported fight outside a home Saturday afternoon.
In a release, authorities say officers responded to a report of a fight in progress and reportedly found two men actively fighting on the ground. Police say they learned Eckert was the aggressor and transported him to the Dubois County Security Center.
Police did not say what caused the fight or who the other fighter was.
- Indiana basketball star dies
- Appeals court: 1st federal execution in 17 years can proceed
- Evansville church, Seton Harvest host produce giveaway
- Evansville traffic alert: Weinbach Ave. closure starting Monday
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship