JASPER, Ind. (WEHT)- The Jasper Police Department announced 70-year-old Michael Eckert was charged with Strangulation, Criminal Confinement, Battery Resulting in Bodily Injury, Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Law Enforcement after a reported fight outside a home Saturday afternoon.
In a release, authorities say officers responded to a report of a fight in progress and reportedly found two men actively fighting on the ground. Police say they learned Eckert was the aggressor and transported him to the Dubois County Security Center.
Police did not say what caused the fight or who the other fighter was.
- Henderson announces closing dates of water features
- Salvation Army announces Christmas assistance program
- UNC safety Wolffork academically ineligible
- ‘We all want to get something done’: COVID-19 relief package remains at a standstill
- Home Team Friday Week 5: Games and Scores